Last Minute Reminders For 2018 AQHA Youth World Show
The 2018 Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show is almost here!
Please make note of the following:
- Move-in begins at 12:01 a.m., Wednesday, August 1st.
- Proceed to the inspection station and present your health certificate, Coggins (EIA lab test) and a copy of your horse’s registration papers. The inspection station is open 24-hours.
- Start unloading. Stalls are assigned per affiliate, so be sure to check with your youth adviser if you have questions. On Wednesday, August 1, you’ll have one hour to park and move in; beginning Thursday, August 2, arriving and departing trailers will have 30 minutes for loading and unloading on Barn Row and the East side of the Super Barn. After 30 minutes, they must move to designated parking areas.
- Pick up your back number and entry packet from the show office. You must present your copy of your horse’s registration papers. The show office opens at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, August 1 and Thursday, August 2. Starting Friday, August 3, the show office opens at 7 a.m. daily.
- Review the qualifier’s handbook where answers to many show specific questions can be found.
- Watch this helpful video for move-in procedures
- Check out the stalling charts. Remember, your youth adviser has individual stalling info.
- Subscribe to the texting service for important show updates. To enroll, simply text AQHA to 806-576-0913.
- Please check the tentative schedule for changes. Finals on Thursday, August 9 begin at 9 a.m. in the Performance Arena.
- Patterns are posted! Check here for the patterns before you head to OKC. Working orders are already posted. There are no prelims for jumping and tie-down roping. These are finals-only classes.
- There could be cattle in the ranch riding classes. Be sure to check the patterns.
- From socials to contests, there is something for everyone. View the tentative schedule to see what is waiting for you.
- New this year, exhibitors will receive a free digital file of their performance. Official show videographer Equine Promotion will automatically email exhibitors a link to their run so they can download and share on social media if they wish. This is free; no signup is necessary. There still are a variety of video options for purchase too. Visit the booth in the Super Barn.
- Check out the Nutrena Ride the Pattern schedule and get ready to learn from AQHA Professional Horseman.
- Feel the need for speed? The $3,000-added open 5D barrel race is Thursday, August 2 with AQHA-approved classes for junior, senior, youth, amateur and Select amateur. Pre-enter online at by midnight on Friday, July 27. You can find the schedule, entry and additional information at www.trikbarrels.com.
- Earn money for your Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Bred-Horse. The owner of the overall highest placing RHB horse at the Ford Youth World will receive $250, plus a trophy. The breeder also receives $250. There’s no entry fee. To find out if your horse was bred by a Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder, check this list of breeders or stop by the booth in the trade show.
- Help make history. Support the launch of our inaugural 13-&-Under core classes where seven Level 3 world champions will be crowned. Cheer on our youngest riders as their talents are showcased!
- If you haven’t already:
- Reserve your golf cart from Metro Golf Cars by calling 1-800-772-6507 and ask for Johnny or email Johnny@metrogolfcars.com
- Rent your stall mat from Elite Stall Mat Rentals
- Confirm your hotel reservation
- Pre-order shavings by calling 405-948-6786
- Order additional stalls for non-showing horses by completing this form and returning to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may reserve upon arrival.
For more information on the Ford Youth World, visit www.aqha.com/youthworld.