Whether you’re an APHA member, national director, breeder, trainer, non-pro exhibitor or just a fan of Paint Horses, YOU’RE INVITED to attend the 2019 APHA Convention March 1–3 in Fort Worth, Texas. Though this year’s Convention features a shorter format—reducing costs and travel time for attendees—the schedule is still packed full of can’t-miss events. From educational seminars to fun parties to discussions about the association’s future, we’ve got something for everyone at our annual Convention.
Learn Something New
- “Marked for Greatness” horseIQ Live—March 2, 11:00 a.m. Hear from APHA Director of Judges David Dellin to glean top tips on excelling in the show pen. Make plans to attend and register for the provided lunch.
The Fun Stuff
- “Welcome to the Stockyards” Reception, Friday, March 1, 6:30 p.m., Cooper’s Barbecue in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards—this event is free for all Convention attendees. Gather with other APHA members and snack on delicious selections. Buses will load at the hotel at 6:00 p.m. We’ll also be introducing the new nominee for the APHA Executive Committee, David Lands.
- Hall of Fame & Awards Banquet—Saturday, March 2, 5:30 p.m. Enjoy an hour of socializing with everyone before the Hall of Fame dinner begins. At 6:30 p.m., join APHA as we honor our seventh class of Hall of Fame inductees, along with other special award winners. Seating is limited for this popular party and it sells out early, so make your reservations soon. Dinner is included, and a cash bar is available. Order your tickets with your Convention registration.
Tending to Business
- Check out the state of affairs. APHA Executive Director Billy Smith kicks off Convention with the state of affairs for the American Paint Horse Association. He’ll give those in attendance an overview of show, registration and market share statistics that make up the day-to-day activities at APHA. Also, hear from President-Elect Mike Short on his vision for the future of APHA.
- Make your voice heard at committee meetings. All Convention attendees are invited to attend almost any committee meetings and share your thoughts. Committees meet on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2. You’ll certainly find something you’re passionate about—make your voice heard! There will be a nominal fee charged for meeting attendance this year. Thank you in advance for attending committee meetings, board meetings and sharing the passion of Paint Horses with those around you.
- Attend the Board of Directors sessions. APHA’s elected Board of Directors meet March 1st and 2nd to discuss rule change proposals for 2019, and then vote on them March 3rd. While only directors can vote on the rule change proposals, any APHA member may attend the meeting.
Whether you’re deeply invested in the Paint Horse industry or just getting started, attending the APHA Convention is time well spent. Network with your peers, meet APHA leaders and get energized about improving yourself, your club and your impact on the association. Register today!