Logo courtesy of NRHA
Founded in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the reining horse. It serves as the standard setting body for the sport of Reining with more than 15,000 members in nearly 40 countries worldwide.
The Association currently is accepting applicants for a new staff position to assist with marketing and sponsorship efforts.
This position will give the opportunity and challenge to write news releases, maintain NRHA’s social media presence, assist with targeted growth initiatives, interact with media professionals, assist with web site content, produce special events and fulfill Corporate Partner and event sponsor obligations. The position is based at NRHA Headquarters in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Candidates must be willing to assist with all functions of the department including early mornings and lengthy days during major events. They also must demonstrate an interest in the livestock or horse industry and have the ability to work collaboratively. Candidates must be creative, energetic, patient, organized and reliable.
It is recommended that candidates have a Bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications, animal science or related area and have excellent writing skills.
• Write and distribute news releases, website copy, eNRHAnewsletters, NRHA e-mail announcements, etc.
• Maintain and expand NRHA’s social media presence via blogs, Facebook, etc.
• Develop, update and enhance various marketing materials for use in print, e-mail or on NRHA’s website
• Assist with targeted initiatives to grow NRHA’s membership base
• Assist with advertising campaigns for all NRHA programs and their placement in outside and in-house media
• Assist with planning and coordinating of special events that promote NRHA activities and events
• Manage NRHA press room and write scripts for the NRHA Derby Show or NRHA Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show
• Assist with all facets of planning and executing major NRHA events such as the NRHA Derby Show or NRHA Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show
• Assist with Corporate Partner and event sponsor obligations and fulfillment
• Coordinate and maintain sponsor banner inventory
• Organize and manage NRHA Saddle and Buckle Sponsorships
• Travel to various events
• Other duties as assigned
Resumes, cover letters and writing samples for this position should be submitted by February 28 to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
3000 N.W. 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73107